Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus



We had a beautiful praise and worship service this week at church and I truly love our music of today, but there are times (like this weeks service) when nothing speaks to the soul like an old hymn, written in the midst of traversity to withstand the test of time. I wonder if they speak to anyone else they way they do me.....Amazing Grace, Blessed Assurance, Because He Lives....they speak to a place deep in my soul, I know the writers of the songs lived and breathed every word they wrote because it resonates with each stanza, and it feels me with hope and strength that I can face tomorrow, that I am assured Jesus is mine that because of his amazing grace I have been forgiven and set free........this is one of my favorites one I have sung many many times to bring peace to my situation and calm to my troubled circumstances.



Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus
Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,

Just to take Him at His word;

Just to rest upon His promise,

Just to know "Thus saith the Lord"



Chorus:



Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!

How I've proved Himo'er and o'er!

Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!

O for grace to trust Him more!



O how sweet to trust in Jesus,

Just to trust His cleansing blood;

Just in simple faith to plunge me

"Neath the healing, cleansing flood!


Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus,

Just from sin and self to cease;

Just from Jesus simply taking

Life and rest, and joy and peace.


I'm so glad I learned to trust Him,

Precious Jesus, saviour, friend;

And I know that He is with me,

Will be with me to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment